I wasn't sitting on my hands when I was neglecting my blog late last year. I did manage to get some crafting done. I have been plodding along with my pies and tarts, I have now done 34 of 100 of each! (will I ever get it finished??? Lots of focus on it in 2013!) As well as a couple of quilt finishes. The lovely Emma of Sampaguita Quilts quilted these for me. (I plan on sending Emma any quilt tops I get done this year, and then back to hand quilting in 2014!)
The first one was for my in laws for the their 40th wedding anniversary gift. I had been working on this one for some time. It eventually made it to them in December, hand delivered by my brother in law and his wife when they went for a visit to Dublin.
The next one was for Miss 5's Mermaid bedroom. I asked Emma to custome quilt it, and what an AMAZING job she did. Little Miss Mermaid was delighted to wake up on Christmas morning and find this quilt on her bed. Have a closer look at Emma's quilting
here. I love the Swoon blocks in this quilt. I have a gorgeous smaller 4 block swoon with Emma at the moment being quilted...but more on that one on it's return.
Now to finish off a friends quilt and a baby quilt that are started and get them sent off for quilting. I also enrolled in the Handstitched class over at
Stitched in Colour so I can do the Modern Medallion Quilt. I am IN LOVE with the fabrics I have chosen for this, waiting on Kona solids to arrive from
Fabric Shack so I can get stuck in!
Have a fabulous day!
2 comments:
I love that swoon quilt! My swoon is still only half done. For that matter my Handstitched quilt is still only half done too. Never mind, I am doing Curves class this round so will keep an eye on the group pool and here for your progress shots :). Glad you are blogging again. Xx
Kaysha your swoon quilt is AMAZING. The custom quilting is just beautiful. I bet you had an excited mermaid at Christmas.
Post a Comment